RFID READER ATEX explosion proof
The explosion-proof ATEX RFID reader range is a series of 125 kHz and 13.56 MHz RFID card readers according to ATEX II 2 G/Ex db IIC T6 Gb and ATEX II 2 D/Ex tb IIIC T85°C IP66 standard.
The ATEX readers are explosion proof RFID card readers and can be used for example in tank terminal areas or any other area which has ATEX classified zones.
The ATEX reader range consists of an ATEX rated heavy duty aluminum epoxy coated casting with a chemical resistant viewing window and can be equipped with a reader for MIFARE and NFC UID, MIFARE R/W, EM4200/Atmel 5577 or HID Prox and a wide selection of readily integrated data interfaces.
The ATEX zone II certified casting can easily be integrated due to its small design. A clear LED indication (red, yellow, green) gives the user the needed feedback. The IP66 protection allows outdoor installation.
The ATEX unit comes pre-assembled with screw terminals for easy field connection and an explosion proof gland for entering the reader cable.
ATEX versions :
- ATEX-EM : 125 kHz reader, supporting transponder types EM4x02, Hitag 2 in Public Mode A, TEMIC e5550 and equivalent
- ATEX-EM-RS4 : identical as ATEX-MF but offering a complete RS485 interface
- ATEX-H : 125 kHz reader supporting HID Prox transponders
- ATEX-MF : 13,56 MHZ MIFARE® UID reader supporting MIFARE, MIFARE Ultralight, MIFARE DESFire and NFC
- ATEX-MF-RS4 : identical as ATEX-EM but offering a complete RS485 interface
- ATEX-MFS : 13,56 MHz MIFARE Sector reader allowing full access to all sectors on the MIFARE transponder
- Dimensions: 160 x 13 x 160 mm + additional cable gland
- Weight: 2,14 kg
- Construction: Marine grade copper free grey coloured aluminium housing. Painted marine coating RAL6024 (green)
- Explosion proof protection:
- ATEX II 2 G / Ex db IIC T6 Gb
- ATEX II 2 D / Ex tb IIIC T85°C IP66.
- Supported transponder types
- on 125 kHz : 40 bit read only transponders (EM4x02 family, HiTag2 Public Mode A, TEMIC e5550 and equivalent)
- on 13,56 MHz : MIFARE® Std, MIFARE® Ultralight, MIFARE® DESFire, MIFARE® PLUS S, MIFARE® PLUS X (Contactless interface as per spec ISO/IEC 14443 Type A); NFC Passive mode (NTAG203/213)
- Interface: DIP-switch selectable ( or selectable with Master Card for ATEX-MFS )
- Wiegand (42 bits, 34 bits or 26 bits)
- on ATEX-MF only : Wiegand 58 bits to output complete UID of MIFARE® DESFire and MIFARE® Ultralight
- Standard Clock & Data (13, 10, 9 or 8 characters)
- on ATEX-MF only : Basic Clock & Data (56 bits) to output complete UID of MIFARE® DESFire and MIFARE® Ultralight
- RS232 (9600, 4800 or 2400 Bd)
- TTL (9600, 4800 or 2400 Bd)
- RS485 (requires special version of the reader)
- customer specific interfaces available on request
- Read range with internal antenna ( values depending on transponder types, power supply and ambient environment )
- on 125 kHz up to 150 mm
- on 13,56 MHz up to 60 mm
- Power supply : 5 Vdc to 13,8 Vdc / 100 mA typ.
- Indications : 3 LED’s ( red / yellow / green ) + buzzer
- Protection rate : IP66
- Operating temperature : -30°C to + 60°C